Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

96 olds aurora: there a resistor module for the blower motor…

Customer Question
Is there a resistor module...
Is there a resistor module for the blower motor on 96 olds aurora. Where is it located.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/28/2010
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, on yours, there isnt a resistor, but instead a blower motor control module, located on hvac housing beneath the right side of the dash. Remove the lower silencer trim panel that is underneath the right side of the dash to access and remove the control module:

graphic

If you have any questions on this, feel free to ask for more help, otherwise click the accept button to pay for services rendered per the customer agreement you agreed to as this is a paysite and the expert is not paid for their time, experience, diagrams or documents provided, or knowledge until you do so. thank you and have a good day..

Edited by Eric on 6/28/2010 at 6:41 PM EST