Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Saab: garage..air con..convertible..source the part somewhere cheaper…

Customer Question
Hi there,...
Hi there,
I have just recieved a quote from a local Saab garage for repairing the air con in my Saab 9-3 2.0 2004 convertible. The price was shoccking but the problem was traced to being the "Resister Pack". I do not know what this is and am trying to source the part somewhere cheaper. Could you please tell me what i have to type into the search engine to make it easier to locate? Many Thanks. Could you please source me this part as cheap as possible. I do not want to pay more than 50 Pounds sterling including VAT
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/28/2010
Auto Mechanic: Dj, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician

I expect what they are talking about is the blower resistor.

If this part failed, you may have only some of the speeds of the heater fan or maybe even no fan at all.

Check on Ebay for "Saab blower resistor."

Thank you in advance for accepting my answer. If you have more questions, just ask. If you feel that my response isn't helpful, please let me know and I will release your question back into the list.

Dj