Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Saab: 3 2006 Vector Sport model..without taking..dealers…

Customer Question
I have a Saab 9-3...
I have a Saab 9-3 2006 Vector Sport model with the 6 CD single slot audio unit, but my young sun recently managed to jam 2 discs in and it now comes up with an error message, the discs seemingly stuck in the machine, despite attempts to eject or change them. Is there any way of fixing this without taking it Saab? Given the kind of rates dealers charge, I would prefer to avoid this route - I can always plug my iPod in anyway!
Broksy22
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/28/2010
Auto Mechanic: Dj, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician

If you can take the unit out you can ship it to this repair facility:

http://www.bcelectron.com/

Their prices are very reasonable and they have a good reputation.

Anytime I do a repair for the first time, I use my digital camera and take a couple dozen pictures during the repair. That way, when I put it back together and can't remember how things went (often happens) I can go to my camera, look at the pictures and figure it out.

Thank you in advance for accepting my answer. If you have more questions, just ask. If you feel that my response isn't helpful, please let me know and I will release your question back into the list.

Dj

Thanks for your answer Dj, but unfortunately, bcelectron are a little too far from England, so I would be grateful if you could release my question back into the list.

Customer/p>

Have you thought about moving to the US?

I'll opt out and put your question back on the list. Just leave the question sit because if you respone, it will put it back to me.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Dj

Auto Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
There are numerous places that you can ship them to online have you looked into this option?Also can you actually see the cds?
I'll have another look at the unit to see if I can spot them - is it worth trying to pull them out if I can?
Yes absolutely if you can grab it out with a pair of tweezers then you saved yourself alot in repairs.