Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Hi,My firing order is not o.k.

Customer Question
pls help...
Hi,My firing order is not o.k. pls help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Auto Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 8 years ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi and welcome to JA.com. I will assisted you best i can

Hi what problem are you having .

Was the timing belt changed.

Is your check engine light on with the engine running .

Do you have a code reader to check for codes.

For further assistance please let me know,
Regards Greg

Hi,The timing belt was changed.Engine fires when running and has currently refused to start when brand new module and knock sensor was fitted.No , i don't have a code reader.

Thanks.

Hi

Which Module was replaced

Let me know

Regards Greg

Ignition module

Thanks

Hi

1, Check for spark at spark plugs, replace old module if no spark.retry.

2. check timing belt alignment .

3. check the engine compression.

Do this first then get back to me .

Regards Greg

1 @ 2 has been chcked and r in order.

nr.3 r not possible as their r no fire and not on plugs as well.

Thanks,Fahmie

Hi Fahmie.

What was the compression readings .

Replace your old Module.

98 was the change of distributor to Coil pack, i take it you have the coil pack.

When T Belt was changed was the Crank sensor fittings and connections

checked and the sensor ring on the crankshaft ,i've seen these put on the wrong way and this can give you no spark but as you said it did work so try the old module again just to be sure ..Next to the coil packs are the crank and can connections check theses .

Let me know what you find.

Regards Greg

Hi,Greg

unable to give u compression readings.

old module replaced with new one.

yes,i have coil pack

T belt was double checked,new sensor fitted checked,fitted old module,

No go!

Thanks a lot,really appreciate response!

Fahmie.

Just got back on line after my PC went dead now have new one sorry could not get back to you .
Can you please give me an update of your problem so i can get back to helping you or have you got this sorted out .

Kind regards Greg

Hi, Greg

We replaced old module with new one.

yes,i have a coil pack

T belt was checked (have sligth chip) but o.k,new sensor fitted,replaced old module.

i have tested my computer box by an auto specialist and results is O.K.

The pajero 3.5 v6 when turning the key only swings,(battery has been recharged due to seveal attemps)

still no fire on plugs!

Thanks , Fahmie

Hi Fahmie

Do you have the access to a good scan tool with live data

Greg

Hi,Greg

Sorry,for replying so late!I was searching for some1 with a scan tool with live data (as your request) .I found the tool. please advise.

Thanks.

Fahmie.

Hi Fahmie .

Great stuff, now connect the tool to the DLC plug under the drivers side dash there you will find a black or gray 16 pin plug , connect plug turn ignition on with engine off, and check for codes. and let me know what the are example P0303 , P1356

Regards Greg

Hi,Greg

Have'nt check the code reading yet (rainy weather) but my mecanic has discovered that a piston by the previous mecanic has been placed in the wrong position and also wiring being by-passed.Should we then get firing on the plugs i'll let you know.

Thanks.

Fahmie

Hi Fahmie

Raining a lot here as well, but also very hot.

What do you mean by having the piston in the wrong position.
have you had the engine opened

Regards Greg

Hi, Greg

Yes, engine was opened.

Regards Fahmie

OK let me know what you find .

Regards Greg