Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

1997 Lexus: differernt about the front wheel studs

Customer Question
What is differernt about the...
What is differernt about the front wheel studs for a 1997 Lexus ls 400? What size are they and can another stud be interchanged in it's place if not then why? Lexus charges $200 ea. for one of these studs, so I am wondering what is different about them from other lexus studs.   Also I need the size of them diameter and length.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/27/2010
Auto Mechanic: tundra_fats, Technician replied 8 years ago
tundra_fats
tundra_fats, Technician
Your vehicle has 12 mm studs. They are press in from the rear of the hub. They are not entirely different from others, different manufacturers use different lenghts and thickness of wheel studs.
There's more to it than that. Lexus wants $200/ea. for this year lexus. I'm wondering why.