Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2010 Santa Fe SE: dashboard..vent..hood and all doors

Customer Question
The left side light on...
The left side light on the top of the 2010 Santa Fe SE dashboard (one on each side of the defroster vent) keeps blinking red in a darkened garsge. I tried reclosing the hood and all doors--I'm stumped and the dealer isn't open on Sundays in IL.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/27/2010
Auto Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
hello, the light on left side of vents is the security light as you know. It is programmed to blink when engine is off , key out etc as a theft deterrent feature to alert possible thief that there is security on and active in the vehicle. The blinking is normal

graphic