Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Saab: 3 Convertible with 72,000 miles on it..check engine..lights came…

Customer Question
Have a 2001 9-3 Convertible...
Have a 2001 9-3 Convertible with 72,000 miles on it. My "check engine" and "brake" indicator lights came on. Took it to the Saab dealer and they ran a diagnostic test, told me it was my electronic portion of my ABS system and would cost $3,300 for parts and labor. They didn't have the part so I picked my car up and neither light is on now. Car was running fine, brake job is not that old (which the dealer did). Help....they have ordered the part, but my gut tells me I'm being taken. What do you suggest? Live in So. Calif - take to another dealer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/27/2010
Auto Mechanic: PAVLIN, Technician replied 8 years ago
PAVLIN
PAVLIN, Technician

Hi, you can allways take second opinion.

If the diagnose is confermed the try this remanifaturer.

http://www.bba-reman.com

will get better price for sure.

The dealer said the parts cost approx. $1,400 - when I look at the parts for the ABS system, it doesn't look that high. I'll try a second opinion before spending that much. I'll keep the link you sent me, however, don't you have another website that's in U.S. dollars?