Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

A 97 Diesel shuttle bus that was running fine..stay running..pedal…

Customer Question
I have a 97 Diesel...
I have a 97 Diesel shuttle bus that was running fine. Yesterday it did not want to start and when it did it would not stay running unless the pedal was fully depressed. Once it got going it would NOT climb a grade of any size. I just had the engine serviced and the bus has only been on one trip since then, no problems. The check engine light is on. Ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/27/2010
Auto Mechanic: tundra_fats, Technician replied 8 years ago
tundra_fats
tundra_fats, Technician
Check the oil cap to make sure it's on, and that the air filter housing is tight and secure. Then disconnect the battery for about three to five minutes and reconnect. This will remove the check engine light. Start the vehicle, if there is something wrong it willimediately come back on or will in a minute or so. If you have access to a scan tool or can get the vehicle to shucks or napa then you can have it scanned for the problem free. Check the fuel filter to make sure it's tight. Try these and I'd you need more information reply before pressing accept