Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2001 mazda mpv: 2.5 liter..egr valve..it going to the air intake hose…

Customer Question
i have a 2001 mazda...
i have a 2001 mazda mpv 2.5 liter i"m thinking the egr valve is bad the big hose right beside it going to the air intake hose is making a barking sound out of it. is the egr bad or maybe thre selinoid?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/26/2010
Auto Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, this noise has been found to be a problem is many of these engines etc.. Mazda determined it is from a misdesigned IAC or idle control motor on top of throttle body. Mazda redesigned the IAC and has new part #. The IAC sits on top of the throttle body and controls air intake etc to controll various idle speeds etc. I would call local dealer, ask for updated IAC and part 3/price.This is most likely the cause of the noise you hear