Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2000 Pontiac: AC..GTP..the presure on the low side is to high..clogged…

Customer Question
My AC on My 2000...
My AC on My 2000 Pontiac GTP does not work right. The value on the high presure side is OK but the presure on the low side is to high. could it be the expansion orifice tube that is clogged?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello, what are the High and low side reading when the compressor is running?

Customer:

The machanic didn't tell me them

Ron :

If you can get me the reading, I can help you, If the orifice tube was restricted, the low side would go into a vacuum .

Customer:

No it wasn't that. He said it points to the compressor being bad. But sometimes the thing seem to work.

Ron :

I would agree if the low side is high and the system isnt overcharged, it is most likely the compressor. If that is the case, the orifice and the accumulator should be replaced as well as a systems flush.