Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

P1237 01 MERCURY COUGAR 2.5L

Customer Question
P1237 01 MERCURY COUGAR 2.5L
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/25/2010
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

what type of problem are you having with this code?

Customer:

P1237 FUEL PUMP WENT OUT, REPLACED AND HAD NO SIGNAL TO PUMP, SIGNAL RETURNED AND ENGINE STARTED. P1237 WAS THE DTC THAT CAME UP. THE CAR START SOME TIMES AND SOME TIMES NOT. I AM LOSE SIGNAL AT THE PIN ON THE FUEL PUMP FROM THE FPDM, BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE FPDM.

Ron :

In most cases the code P1237 is set due to a bad fuel pump driver modual and not a failed fuel pump. Access the Fuel Pump Driver Module and check the voltages at all 6 wires. The Green/Orange is B+ from the inertia switch. The Black is a dedicated ground and must read 0.1v or less at all times. The White/Black is B+ to the pump and the Brown/Yellow is ground (control) for the pump. Unplug the pump and FPDM and check for cont on the 2 pump control wires. Must be 1 ohm or less from end to end, and must also be 10K ohms or more to B+ and B-. If all OK, replace the FPDM.

Customer:

WHERE IS THE LOCATION OF THE FPDM

Customer:

THANK YOU

Ron :

It in the rear left hand trim panel, see the diagram I sent you in the above post.

Ron :

Your very welcome, Thank you very much as well.