Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Mitsubishi: cars..me to take the key out of the ignition…

Customer Question
Is there a security feature...
Is there a security feature on Mitsubishi cars that would make it difficult for me to take the key out of the ignition?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/18/2010
Auto Mechanic: jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician replied 8 years ago
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Good AfternoonCustomer Does the shifter return fully to the PARK position??...thanks...jeffrey590
yes it does.
OK..and do you hear a "click " sound as you apply and unapply the brake pedal??
no. no clicks.
You may have a problem with the shifter interlock solenoid...It is a safety feature built into most vehicles so you must have your foot on the brake to use the gear selector...It may be causing the ignition to not return completely enough to remove the key...This would require a trip to the repair shop to be confirmed and repaired...jeffrey590