Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I see a lot of ads for 1996 Land Rover Discoveries for sale…

Customer Question
I see a lot of...
I see a lot of ads for 1996 Land Rover Discoveries for sale. Was that a problem vehicle? I always wanted a rover. I need a beater to haul some stuff and get me thru a Maine winter. There's one for sale here for $1500. The check engine lite is on and it isn't registered. Should I run away?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/18/2010
Auto Mechanic: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
WEll a 1500 dollar vehicle with a/c that works is by itself a good deal. The tires on these can run high alone.
What you should look out for is that check engine light.
If possible before buying the vehicle have the codes scanned and get the codes to me.
Let's make sure it's just an o2 sensor problem. Autozone will scan the codes free. \
Is this possible?
Thank you very much. Can I wait to click accept until I find out about the code?
You sure can. If I am offline it will not take long to respond. Get back to me when you can. Thanks
Thank you.