Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Rusted..a fuel pump and gas filter for 300.00, now I need the assembly…

Customer Question
I am in the process...
I am in the process of replacing my fuel pump and I just found out that the screws are all rusted out. I bought a fuel pump and gas filter for 300.00, now I need the assembly with screws because the screws are rotted out. Can you help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Auto Mechanic: Anthony, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Get a new tank from a parts store. Replacements aren't that expensive.

a new gas tank? What does that have to do with the rusted out screws and nuts? I have had this to a certified mechanic who said the price would be 694.00 I am trying to save some money, but now I realize the assembly kit and screws have to be replaced. Any ideas?
If the tank is bad and the screws wont come out.....Just get a new tank as an old one is dangerous even if fixed as a fuel leak would be the problem for sure...If the screws are rusted that shows the overall condition of the tank...you don't want to have a fuel tank in this condition for sure.