Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

sensor light came on the other day..lit..same problem..same issue…

Customer Question
Daqsh board RED sensor light...
Daqsh board RED sensor light came on the other day for no reason and remains lit. One other time I had the same problem but by adjusting the wires under the seat it went away. I suspect the same issue as it occurred I believe when seat was slammed back. HELP
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/13/2010
Auto Mechanic: Dino, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dino
Dino, Technician

hello welcome to the site

the red light on the dash is for the srs correct ?

Yes the system ready alert. These cars have wire under the seat propensities and the first time I saw this light moving it fixed it. This time no dice. I am almost certain this is still a possible.
yes this sounds like a harness problem maybe a broken wire i have seen this on several cars before as the routing of the seat harness is to short and the wires will brake or stretch and cause a open in the system and set the light
What does it go to in the seat? This is the driver seat. And how do I close the loop? Can I ground it off.

the problem will need to be corrected this is a safety item and should not be tampered with.

does this car still have a warranty ?

the best advise I will offer you is to have the dealer make the necessary repairs or you buy the harness and replace it your self.