Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2007 Suzuki XL-7: my mechanic..only happens when I fill up with gas.

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Suzuki...
I have a 2007 Suzuki XL-7 my mechanic does not know what is wrong with my car. This only happens when I fill up with gas. I start the car and it sounds like it is stuck and the ignition keeps turning over. It finally stops and then I have to wait a few minutes before the car has power. Then it will not happen again until I fill up on gas. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 2 days by:
6/13/2010
Auto Mechanic: Neal, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Neal
Neal, Mechanic
That is an issue that will need to be handled by the dealer. It sounds like an issue with the evap system. The dealer is the only one that will have to proper diagnostic equipment to determine the cause.