Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

90 olds cutlass: running fine..gas and gas pressure at the injectors…

Customer Question
90 olds cutless car was...
90 olds cutless car was running fine came home shut off and the following morning car will turn over but not start has gas and gas pressure at the injectors
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/11/2010
Auto Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX sounds like you are losing spark, this is most commonly caused by a bad igniton module, have you checked for spark yet?

I will when I get back home tonight. Am I able to ask more questions if I click on the pay button?

Thanks Randy

Yes, you can continue to ask all the questions you like, just reply back to this question,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
where is the module located?
where is the module located?
it sits under the coil pack, i will post the procedure for removal below,Tim
Notes

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect 14-way connector at ignition module.
  2. Disconnect Spark plug wires at coil assembly.
  3. Remove nuts and washers (3) securing ignition module assembly to bracket.
  4. Remove 6 Torx screws securing coil assembly to ignition module.
  5. Note lead colors or mark for reassembly.
  6. Disconnect connectors between coil and ignition module.
  7. Remove ignition module.

Dielectric Grease Application

INSTALLATION

1. Connect coil and connectors to ignition module.
  2. Install 6 Torx screws torque to 3 N-m (27 lbs in).
  3. Install nuts and washers securing assembly to bracket.
  4. Connect plug wires.
  5. Connect 14-way connector to module.

thanks for the responce what part of the engine compartment is this module located? near the computor or under side of the front on the engine area

thanks randy

follow the spark plug wires , they will end at the coil, all 6 wires plug into the coil, the module is under the coil,Tim
thanks i'm on it
let me know what you find,Tim

no spark from the module looking at the process to remove it now and thanks

Randy

anytime my friend,Tim
this unit is a bitch to remove I guess the dealer would pull the motor up a few inches to pull this job off I will persevere

all is good changed out the mod and the car is running fine ......you are the best

We will do business in the future

Thanks randy

anytime my friend, let me know if you need help in the future,Tim