Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

coil packs cam and crank sensers i have checked voltage..theft light…

Customer Question
i have a 1996 pont...
i have a 1996 pont. sun fire i just bought that was not running they changed the starter and could not get it to run from there they have replace fuel pump the coil packs cam and crank sensers i have checked voltage to every thing seems fine but the theft light is on will that keep it from starting and how do u turn it off
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/11/2010
Auto Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

lets give this a shot

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

30 Minute Re-Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).