Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

1995 Mazda Protege: 1.5 Liter, 5 speed Manual..Neutral..rpm…

Customer Question
1995 Mazda Protege, 1.5 Liter...
1995 Mazda Protege, 1.5 Liter, 5 speed Manual; when in Neutral engine revs at 2000 rpm.
Should be 750 rpm; service engine light also on. Shifts good otherwise.

Please advice diagnotics!!!

Alan Seid (XXX) XXX-XXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/10/2010
Auto Mechanic: JHoop, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Is the check engine light on?

Any codes?

SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON, HOWEVER CANNOT ACCESS CODE.

EQUIPMENT STOLEN!!!!!

Do you have a DVOM?
YES-DIGITAL VOLT OHM METER
There are 2 ways to get the codes.

Is the car there and can you procede with testing?

THE CAR IS RIGHT HERE, I HAVE A DVOM. PLEASE SEND TROUBLESHOOTING

INSTRUCTIONS,

THANK YOU

OK. Try this one first.

Let me know what codes are stored.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.. I'll be here all nite.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have a deposit but do not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged, but I don't get credit! Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you! Thanks again, JHoop

Thanks for your help.

I'm having a computer problem opening the pdf. to troubleshoot!!

Try updating your Adobe reader to the latest version.
I'm doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or ACCEPT the answer to your question yet. Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer.