Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Oil change, fluids, tires checked for trip..blown..passenger side…

Customer Question
weird situation....took car to...
weird situation....took car to speedee 5/20/10 got oil change, fluids, tires checked for trip. went on trip no problems then on 6/7 car is shaking like a blown tire got out to look 3 times right passenger side tire is wobbling(lug nuts ok) tire is visibly damaged looks like pad from spring is touching tire. i had it towed to the dealership they said i had 35lb pressure in 3 tires and 50lb in tire that was damaged?? have receipt from speedee saying tires were checked all were 35lb. at absolutely no time was any air put in that tire!!!! wtf cany anyone give an explanation for this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/10/2010
Auto Mechanic: Steve, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician

Hello!

Is your car equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system? If so, has the warning light been on recently?

Edited by Steve7654 on 6/10/2010 at 3:22 PM EST

it's a kia dude and my question is answered for me already.......yeah i'm f**ked anyway stuck for a tow and a tire maybe a rim too and whatever genius way this happened it doesn't matter that it's not my fault i've got the bill. waaaaaahhh. oh well take it easy

According to my service information, your model year Kia should be equipped with TPMS, which would help to determine exactly where (if anywhere) the additional air was added to your tire, so that you could determine which one of these businesses was being dishonest.

Since you say you have already gotten an answer to your question and intend to pay the bill yourself, i am not sure how I can help you, so I have opted out of your question...

thanks