Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2000 mitsubishi Galant es: new switch..my power..mirrors..black wire…

Customer Question
2000 mitsubishi Galant es I...
2000 mitsubishi Galant es

I was installing a new switch for my power side mirrors and i touched the blue wire and the black wire by mistake and now the blue wire has no power. How can I fix it. Thank you in advance
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
6/10/2010
Auto Mechanic: Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer replied 8 years ago
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

Odds are you just blew a fuse. So I would suggest that you check all the fuses first. If it goes beyond that it is really tough to diagnose the problem. Get out your owners manual to help you locate the fuse box, and the corresponding fuse. You will need to get a good electrical schematic for the vehicle, and start tracing the wiring to see what the problem is. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.