Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

My engine light came on..service station

My engine light came on. I pulled into a service station and had my oil checked and it was fine? Having my checked out tomorrow. Oil change etc. Thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 7 years ago.
hi, is this a 5.7 liters engine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi 4.7. It was not really acting up and I drove it home.
ok, if its a 4.7 liters then the engine light is on due to emissions out of limits there may be a sensor failure like an 02 sensor that will cause fuel economy problems , the reason for the truck to be okey is because when the computer sees a problem it will try to adjust the engine performance so you can continue to drive normal as if nothing happing but at the cost of fuel, this engine light will not go away until this problem is solved.you need to have the computer scan with a computer scanner to identify the problem and fix it , you can have this done at your next service that way you don't have to pay for diagnostics because its part of the service interval.