Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

rotor..brakes so i have a basic understanding..caliper..mounting

Customer Question
any tips on rotor replacement...
any tips on rotor replacement. never done before. i have changed brakes so i have a basic understanding of caliper and brake mounting systems. also, i have a belt that squeaks insanely sometimes when i start the car. if i put it in drive it seems to stop. sometimes it will start squeaking if i turn the vent fan on. what belt would you suggest replacing to fix this.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Car
5/13/2010
Auto Mechanic: brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
If you have done brakes before then replacing the rotor will be easy. You just need to remove the two bolts that hold the brake caliper mounting bracket on and then the rotor will come off. You may need to hit it towards the center as they have a tendency to rust on. As for the belt most likely the one that is on the a/c compressor will need replaced.

hey there,

i've got the alternator loosened and the serpentine belt off to get to the other powersteering a/c fan belt. i was wondering how to loosen the pulley on this belt. i saw the tensioner pulley for the serpentine belt but can't locate it on this one?

There should be an adjustment by the power steering pump
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
i got the serpentine belt on the car. i drove the car to autozone to return the belt wrench and it stalled out in the parking lot. any suggestions
going to try to clean throttle body,air filter and tighten tension nut more in the morning. any other suggestions to why she is stalling. also, now my radio isn't working? what the heck is going on?
Check the fuse for the radio if you have not already and make sure there are not vacuum leaks for the stalling concern
what do the vaccuum lines look like and what are they near or connecting to? the radio fuse is fine.
There are many vacuum lines under the hood that go either to the intake or throttle body
brownjeff
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician