Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Bang..the clutch went flimmsy and i could not change gears
Sam C
Sam C, Service Manager
my clutch went bang while i was driving. then the clutch went flimmsy and i could not change gears. then all while in motion im able to change to certain gears with out the clutch, then then clutch is… read more
navigation: landrover..ingage..gear, shifts through all gears
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
2003 landrover discovery will not ingage into gear, shifts through all gears but will not drive. Does navigation system have to do with this?… read more
Clutch pedal..the floor with no pull or resistance..shift gears
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My clutch just went out, or rather the clutch pedal is useless- goes to the floor with no pull or resistance. To get the car in gear I had to either force it in gear (this has to be bad for the clutch… read more
I have to go all the way to the floor with my clutch to shift
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Auto Dealership Owner
I have to go all the way to the floor with my clutch to shift gears in my Fiero (1986 six). Where do I go to address this problem--is it likely a matter of an adjustment or am I talking a more serious… read more
My clutch pedal is intermittently sticking to the floor
kalamykid
kalamykid, Pactor automotive
my clutch pedal is intermittently sticking to the floor while driving. if I pump it, it will start working again. was low on fluid, I filled and bled it and haven't noticed any fluid loss. … read more
Recently while driving my car does not like to shift gears.
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Auto Motive Instructor
Recently while driving my car does not like to shift gears. Its an automatic. I have to rev it really high to make it shift if I can get it to at all. The gear sift cable is sort of broke we can get i… read more
today and my clutch petal lost resistance at a stop sign..hydraulic
Bob
I was driving today and my clutch petal lost resistance at a stop sign. I can push it all the way to the floor and it won't go into gear. It's a hydraulic clutch. Do I need to buy a clutch kit, a slav… read more
clutch pedal is locked to the floor board on my 1973 Spyder...hydrolic
LowTech
LowTech, Associate Degree
The clutch pedal is locked to the floor board on my 1973 Spyder. I am able to shift in in out of gear but not clutch. Could it hydrolic or is their a tension spring on clutch. James Goode San Clemente… read more
gears at all rpms and when i push the clutch..rev..idling
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
my car will cut out while driving in all gears at all rpms and when i push the clutch in it will rev itself to over 2k rpms and wont drop till i tap the throttle then when it drops it will only drop t… read more
All gears at all rpms and when i push the clutch in it..rev..idling
Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Owner
700r4 shifts into all gears while accelerating. If just
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
700r4 shifts into all gears while accelerating. If just driving on a side street the trans shifts into 3 gear at 35 mph but will shift back to 2nd then have to get the rpm back up to about 3700 and th… read more
Stopping..a parking lot and filling the clutch fluid, i was..neutral
Eric, Retired
I was driving alon in the car, and all of a sudden i was unable to properly shift into gear. After stopping in a parking lot and filling the clutch fluid, i was able to use the clutch, but the clutch … read more
My mini cooper s and the clutch pedal stuck..shift gears..pull
Geoff
Geoff, BS
Yesterday, I started driving my mini cooper s and the clutch pedal stuck down to the floor. I could not shift gears. I was able to pull the pedal up with my foot and drive the rest of the day with no … read more
The clutch and the accelerator all the way..neutral..start position
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
With the clutch and the accelerator all the way to the floor and the gear in neutral and holding the inition key in the start position, the engine doesn't even act like it wants to start. It feels as … read more
When I hit my brake pedal while driving, it has no resistance
Daniel, Lead mech
When I hit my brake pedal while driving, it has no resistance and hits the floor. the car still slows and stops, but takes longer to do so. I can not immediately stop the car if I needed to. Before th… read more
honda: clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor?
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
the clutch on my honda passport will not go into gear? the clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor?… read more
shift..if i stop and pump clutch a few time i can get into gear.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
when i driving some time hit hard to shift from one gear to another. or i can get into gear. if i stop and pump clutch a few time i can get into gear.… read more
Saturn: shift cable..all with the clutch or the gear shift, it..swith
Red
Red, Auto Mechanic
I think the gear shift cable broke on my car (97 Saturn sl-1, manual). How do I look and see, and if it is, how do I fix it? I haven't had any problems at all with the clutch or the gear shift, it was… read more