Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year ASE Master Technician Current GM technician
12642649

2001 oldsmobile alero: trouble code..a new map sensor..cleared code

2001 oldsmobile alero trouble code 107 already installed a new map sensor and cleared code but code still comes up
Hello JACUSTOMER-t6s1rkjl-,

Do you have a scan tool that can read data or just a code reader?

how does the engine run?

Do you have a volt meter to do some tests?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Dan my name isXXXXX have a Innova 1403 scan tool. The engine runs fine exept that when you put the transmission in gear it slams in gear, and when it shifts it shifts real hard. And I do have a voltmeter.
Go to the live data on the scan tool and look for the MAP sensor voltage. See what that is reading with key on and engine off and then see what it is reading with the engine running at idle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dan, I tried to use the scanner but I couldn't get it to change from vaccume to voltage. So how can I do it using a volt meter?
you should have 5 volts on the brown wire and a ground on the orange wire with the black stripe. The green wire is the signal wire if you back probe it with it plugged up, you should have around 4.8-5.volts with key on engine off and while at idle you should have around 1 volt.