Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Hyundai Sonata SE: Have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata has 181000 miles
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
Have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata has 181000 miles on it got oil change synthetic 3000 miles ago already out of oil is this normal ? I thought synthetic goes a lot longer for one second oil change place said… read more
Hyundai Sonata: V6..3rd..roughly..the speed sensor and this
Daniel, Lead mech
I have a Hyundai Sonata 2.7l V6. every so often it will change gear from 2nd to 3rd roughly and then will be stuck in 3rd dear. When i put the gear stick into manual I can only change between second a… read more
Hyundai Sonata Limited: I have a 2012 Sonata Limited. I found
Ron, Automotive Tech
I have a 2012 Sonata Limited. I found the "limited " must mean limited quality ride. Extremely rough riding. I asked this before on this forum but I want to see what someone else thinks. I will not ta… read more
I have a 2016 Sonata with the 2.4 engine which uses a quart
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
I have a 2016 Sonata with the 2.4 engine which uses a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Is that normal for a sonata with only 30,000 miles? … read more
My 2005 Hyundai Sonata often fails to start. This has been
Edward
Edward, Professional at Justanswer.com
My 2005 Hyundai Sonata often fails to start. This has been going on occasionally for months, though only in recent weeks has it gotten so bad as to happen every day. I know if the problem is happening… read more
2003 Hyundai Sonata: stop sign..the car died and will not restart
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
I was driving my 2003 Hyundai Sonata, stopped at a stop sign, hit the gas and the car died and will not restart. The battery is fine, I have gas and the car sounds like it will start but it won't. Can… read more
Wont start..a couple of times and then she cranks- any advise
Bo Didyk
Bo Didyk, Associate Degree
I have a 2007 Tiida. Every so often it won't start. I hit the strater motor a couple of times and then she cranks- any advise?… read more
2005 hyundai sonata: gas cap..the gas pedal..stall..check engine light
Doctor Tim
Doctor Tim, High School or GED
i have a 2005 hyundai sonata. Every time i unscrew the gas cap it doesnt seem to have any pressure in it, so when i try to start my car after pumping gas i have to tap on the gas pedal a couple of tim… read more
Hyundai Sonata Limited: I have a 2007 and the ac will not come
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have a 2007 and the ac will not come on. a local ac mechanic said it was not getting any voltage to the compressor. Could this be the field coil? The ac was working fin and blowing cold air. It blew… read more
I Have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Gls it won't pass marta because
Ron Z.
Ron Z., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I Have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Gls it won't pass marta because of the OBD.They said my engine wasn't the right temperature… read more
2009 Sonata: locks..open using the electronic fob..reset itself
Bill Barrow
Bill Barrow, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My mother bought a 2009 Sonata and has complained to me that every so often the car locks her out and she can't get it to open using the electronic fob or the key. She says when this happens she sees … read more
I have a 2011 kia sportage SX AWD GDI Turbo. It has been
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
I have a 2011 kia sportage SX AWD GDI Turbo. It has been burning around a half quart of oil every 1000 miles. No smoke at all coming from the exhaust.(figure it's being burned up in the cat) I've owne… read more
1998 Acura: sedan..there will be a grinding noise and it wont start
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
1998 Acura 3.5RL sedan. When starting the car every so often there will be a grinding noise and it won't start. The next turn of the key it starts no problem. We had the same problem in 05 and Honda r… read more
2003 Hyundai Sonata: V6..accelerating and..idling..engine light came
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata (2.7L V6) with 108,000 miles and recently it has been running rough when accelerating and when idling. The check engine light came on and trouble codes read P1167 and P030… read more
I have a 1997 Buick Lesabre. Every so often it ...
Michael
Michael, Work Equip. Repair Foreman
I have a 1997 Buick Lesabre. Every so often it won't start. It will crank and has good spark plugs, and battery. We've replaced the fuel pump and it just happend again the other day. We've had it to a… read more
2003 Sonata: I hit the break to stop it stops slowly
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
I have a 2003 Sonata. When I hit the break to stop it stops slowly. When It will not stop short. I have to use a lot of presure on the peddle and the car takes longer to stop. This is something new to… read more
1999 hyundai Sonata: blower..the dashboard above the vents was hit
Triston
Triston, High School or GED
1999 hyundai Sonata A/C blower will not come on. Would start when the dashboard above the vents was hit with a fist. (don't ask how I found this out please) This does not work anymore. Fused OK. There… read more
IS200 auto 05, 174000 km. Every so often when I start the
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Auto Technician (dealership)
IS200 auto 05, 174000 km. Every so often when I start the car I get blue smoke for a few seconds, and that's it. no more smoke for maybe a couple of weeks ! Is it something I should be worried about ?… read more