Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

1997 Mazda 626: new radiator, water pump..overheats..radiator fans

I have a 1997 Mazda 626. I have had new radiator, water pump, thermostat, and still overheats. Two radiator fans will not come on. I jumped them to the battery, and they both work. suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 7 years ago.
Hello: have you tested the cooling fan relays, Very common issue Im sending you location of relays.graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should I just try replacing the relay?
They are very low cost, Make sure all fuses are good,and there is a ground at one side of the fans.if they check out good then I would try a new relay (About $15.00) Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Are these in-lline fuses, or the fuses in the fuse box? I jumped from the battery to the wiring connector adjacent to the fans and the fans worked. is there a switch or other interruption in the circuit besides the relay?

Only the coolant sensor(if it was bad your check engine light will be on, ) All the fuses in the under hood box and in the drivers compartment