DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

Land rover..sunroof..the hood does not seem to be the right fuse box

I have a 2006 land rover LR3 and the sunroof stopped working. I am thinking it may be the fuse, but not sure where the fuse box would be. The one under the hood does not seem to be the right fuse box. Can you tell me where the fuse box may be and how to get to it?

Thank You

Tolga
Check on the left side of the dash board when you open the door. See if there is an
access panel there. If not check the opposite side by the passenger side. There should be a fuse box on one of the sides. There should also be a diagram next to the fuse box with the list of fuses and their locations. Does the roof move at all for ward or back even slightly. Listen for the motor making any noise.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both underneath the steering wheel and the glove box there is a panel holding with 2 philips head screws, but that is very hard to come by unless you pull out bunch of other panels, etc. Is this the right place and how do I pull the cover properly?
The fuse box is behind the glove box. Push the 2 tabs in on the sides of the box and swing it open all the way to gain access. Try initializing the sunroof. Hold the swith down in the forward posistion for about 30 seconds or until it starts to move and continue holding it unitl it completes it full cycle. Opens then closes all the way. This is usually the problem. Just trying to assist. Not trying to butt in. Thanks

Edited by DBranch on 4/5/2010 at 6:41 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok I will check, but there is no sign of life from the sunroof motor. Nothing what so ever.

I know sometimes there is not and this still works. Just hold it down in the forward position until it starts to move make sure they key is in the on posisition when doing so. If it doesnt move in up to a minute then there could be other issues.
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.