How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George H. Your Own Question
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 18828
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
Type Your Car Question Here...
George H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hyundai Santa Fe: PCV Valve..cylinder..hose..the tube connector

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2007 2.7L and I need to change the PCV Valve. I believe I have located the correct valve but it looks as if the only way to remove it is take off the cylinder head(?). What I see when I unplug the hose, is a plastic tube resembling the tube connector on my replacement PCV Valve. There is no way to unscrew or remove the valve already there. Am I even looking at the right thing? I have replaced the valves before on my other cars and they have all been in the general location as this one. Only difference being you can unscrew them without major engine work! Thanks!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.


Hello I will help you with your question,


If this is the valve you have located you remove the hose and unscrew the valve.


The valve is in the corner of the front valve cover.


Let me know if you have further questions about this








Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, that is the one I located but it doesn't look like that. The one I see doesn't unscrew. I didn't realize I could include a picture until now so I have added two pictures. Please let me know what you think. You may have to scroll over some to see the plastic tube sticking out with the end on it that matches the end of the the replacement pcv valve.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

This is the constant orifice type of valve and it does not need to be replaced. There is nothing inside but a hole that you can spray with brake cleaner to clear. There are no moving parts here.


I only see one picture so the other may not have loaded or it may be too large for the system


Do you have a picture with an overall view?







Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will have to take a few more and upload them later. I have to get my daughter to her club meeting. Thanks for the help so far!
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.
Great, I will be here all evening