Jim Chill
Jim Chill, Technician
Experience:  15 years Ford dealership experiance 25 years all makes and models
30684252

95 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME SL: TEMP SENSOR..GO UP...tsb..GARAGE

Customer Question

I AM WORKING ON A 95 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME SL, TEMP GAUGE GOES UP INTO THE RED, BUT DOES NOT OVER HEAT, REPLACED T STAT, TEMP SENSOR AND TEMP GAUGE SENSOR, TEMP GAUGE STILL WANTS TO GO UP.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE IS A TSB FOR THIS VEHICLE, PERTAINING TO THIS CONCERN.

ANY HELP REGARDING THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, I HAVE HAD THIS CUSTOMER'S CAR FOR 5 WEEKS.

GM GARAGE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME.

XXXXX XXXXX
CLAYTON, NY
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 7 years ago.
I searched for tsb s on your concern and came up with nothing, The 3.1 engine has a common concern. Intake leaks, they have revised gaskets for the repair. you can check you coolant overflow tank for oil in it and check your oil level and if it looks mikly, light brown. You can check this with the intake leaking the cooling system does not build up adequate pressure wgich may cause your concern. thank you, jim
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I HAVE ALREADY CHECKED ALL OF THESE ITEMS, I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS A THREE PRONG COOLANT TEMP SENSOR AVAILABLE WITH WIRING KIT, TO HOOK HEAD TEMP SENSOR INTO. IT COMES WITH A WIRING KIT TO ELIMINATE HEAD TEMP SENSOR. WHICH IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM.

I WAS TOLD THIS BY A GM TECH WITH OVER 30 YEARS, HE CANT REMEMBER WHICH VEHICLE HE PERFORMED THIS ON.

INVOLVED CARS ALSO INCLUDE BARETTA, CORSICA, AND OLDS, YEARS RANGE FROM 1992-1996.

THIS PART WAS ABLE TO BE PURCHASED THRU GM, HOWEVER, NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO HELP ME AT THIS TIME.

Expert:  Jim Chill replied 7 years ago.
I will lookinto it further for you. I will post back asap. Thank you, jim