Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

95 Oldsmobile AURORA V8-244 4.0L DOHC high idle and missin

Customer Question

95 Oldsmobile AURORA V8-244 4.0L DOHC high idle and missing when you shut off the car there is a clicking sound coming from the throttle boody
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Is the check engine light on? Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like your powertrain control module has internally failed causing the idle speed motor to work all the time even when it shouldnt including with the engine off......Unplug the idle control actuator and if idle drops then replace PCM. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dan,

thanks for the quick answer where do i find the PCM is it next to the ICA ? I will not have time to work on thisa until tomorrow night would i be able to get a follow up if i accept answer right now?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Yep, you can reply at anytime even after you accept. Here is a picture of the PCM, let me know if you have questions. I'd get a used one to save money, you can go to www.car-parts.com to order it. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

graphic

graphic