DR CAR
DR CAR, Mechanic
Experience:  39 YEARS GARAGE TRADE MOSTLY DIAGNOSTIC AND FAULT FINDING,TRAINING FIAT UK,AND LUCAS BIRMINGHAM,
26371736

I have a Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI diesel and the preheat warning

I have a Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI diesel and the preheat warning light is flashing when the engine is running. What is causing this and is it a problem? Can I fix it myself? I am above average DIY mechanic, but have never seen this and do not know what it means....

Thanks

Hello Roger

Here is the bulletin about this issue and it also happens when a brake light or fault occurs this light is also a general fault light .

Thank you Peter

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Peter,

If this is also a general fault warning light, how do I find out what the fault is?

Thank you

Hello Roger

The brake light issue is quite common .

This light doubles as a fault code light and having the codes read by a vag scanner should show the culprit.

Thank you Peter