DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

TC: V8..ABS, Down hill lights..service engine soon..engine soon light

Customer Question

I have 2002 Land Rover Discovery II with a V8. Were would be a good place to get a scanner I have TC, ABS, Down hill lights are on and I would like to know why the service engine soon light just came on too. Also what should expect to pay?
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to JA Tracy.

You want to buy your own scanner or get it checked somewhere?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I would like to buy my own scanner I feel this car will very problematic and I will use it a lot
Expert:  DBranch replied 7 years ago.

You could pick up a scanner just to read check engine light codes for around $100. If you want one that is capable of reading ABS codes it is going to run you a lot more. Hawkeye makes a Land Rover capable scan tool and is about the only one that will be able to read abs codes. It is $599.00.

http://dap-inc.com/hawkeye/index.shtml

Expert:  DBranch replied 7 years ago.
If you need any help diagnosing the faults just let me know I would be glad to help you.