George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

04 KIA SEDONA HEATER BLOWER DOESNT WORK REAR DOES

Customer Question

04 KIA SEDONA HEATER BLOWER DOESN'T WORK REAR DOES
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The likely cause is the blower controller or resistor.

This is contained with the blower motor in the blower unit under the right side of the dash. and can be tested to see if there is power to the unit on the brown/red wire.

You can see the resistor next to the blower motor in this view

graphic

graphic

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I DID CHECK FOR POWER .NONE. IALSO SWAPED RELAYS AND MADE NO DIFFERANCE
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

And you have power to the blower fuse?

Then check the blower relay by using a large paperclip to jump the two large terminals of the relay socket and see if you can run the blower that way. If you can check the front wiper fuse. Wipers work? The wiper fuse supplies power to the coil of the blower relay, the other side of the coil is tied to ground so the relay turns on with the ignition switch. With the relay on there should be power to the brown/red wire at the blower motor unit. If there is no power to the blower and you can run the blower with a paperclip across the LARGE terminals and the wipers work the relay has failed.