Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience:  30 years GM certified, Ford certified
11302663

1999 Lincoln Town Car: suspension..mileage and pops..ajar

Customer Question

Dear Lincoln Town Car Mechanic:

I noticed this morning that my dashboard screen on my 1999 Lincoln Town Car was highlighting "air suspension" -- in that little alert box in the top left corner of the dash that shows the mileage and pops up with other alerts such as "door ajar" etc. What does this alert mean? What do I need to do? My mileage is 57,233. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Car
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.

greetings,

is the car sagging or lower than normal on front or back or any wheel? can you get the car scanned for trouble codes? most parts places will scan for free

the warning means the computer has detected a problem with the air ride suspension system.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The car does not seem to be riding differently, sagging, etc., except I think I've been feeling a bumpier ride lately. I have a Chevron mechanic who takes care of all my repairs -- lately there have been a few, I guess it's the car's age. Will he have the scanning capability? Thank you.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.

Most likely, to work on cars today it is almost impossible to fix and diagnose with out a scanner. And even with a scanner it has to be updated all the time. I checked for bulletins and there are no obvious issues for this system. It might be a sensor or solenoid valve not releasing air(hard ride).

I hope it is not an expensive repair.

good luck