rich
rich, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech with L1--19+years of dealership experience
18317595

pulleys..timing belt and sure..belt and put every thing back together

Customer Question

hello, im paul and im trying to find a print-out to shoe me how to re-aligen all timing pulleys.ive replaced the timing belt and sure i didnt turn any thing. i tensioned the belt and put every thing back together. but now the car cranks over, but will not start. did i move one of these pullies to throw this out of time. i see the arrows on the 3 pullies but do not know the correct alingment. can you help me out. i need a diagram or print-out of some kind to get this thing fixed. i am a handy caped junk back person and on my 10th day of this project. iv even tryed to find a engine repair manual, but cant find one. its a 1995 plymouth acclaim. 2.5l, auto. if any one could give me some advice as to what iv done wrong, i would be very gratefull. [email protected] thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  rich replied 7 years ago.

here are the way it is supposed to aligned

Cam Belt Routing

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi, paul olean again asking about timing pully alignment for a 1995 plymouth acclaim. i recieved a picture of the alignment, but even after enlarging the picture, i still cant see the dots on the picture to align the pullies. i need a larger and more detailed picture. [email protected] thanks paul
Expert:  rich replied 7 years ago.
there are no dots--the crank pulley has a dot--the one closest to it had a small cut in the edge that points to the dot--and the cam pulley has an oval shaped hole that aligns with the piece of valve cover gasket that sticks through
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you rich for the 2nd reply to my questions about a 1995 plymouth acclaim 2.5 auto. but what i need is a larger picture than the one you sent. i still cant see these alingment slots,i do have glasses, but i still cant see the alignment on the picture.i just need a bigger picture. i have your writen instructions but i need a larger picture. sorry i just dont under stand written instructions. i need a large picture. thanks. [email protected]
Expert:  rich replied 7 years ago.
i do not have a larger picture--i will opt out and see if someone else has one
rich, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase master tech with L1--19+years of dealership experience
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

Do these help?

graphic

graphic