FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2001 Kia sportage: its o2 sensors replaced

2001 Kia sportage needs its o2 sensors replaced. Where do we find them?
HelloCustomer the main oxygen sensor that causes problem on this vehicle is the front sensor located on the exhaust manifold under the hood as shown. It simply inscrews. If you cannot locate this at your local autoparts store then you can purchase it at the dealer for about $120.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there more than 1? We need to get this car emission tested here in CO.
There is more than one. There is an upper one(the one shown) and one further down on the exhaust near the catalytic converter. The upper one is typically the one that causes problems.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I believe they told me they both needed to be replace. Does the second one just unscrew as well? Is there any special lubricant or solution that needs to be used on it before the new one is screwed in? Do we need to replace the harness as well? When I checked on the price of the parts, it was mentions we might need to replace the harness>