Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

Chevy: a 1993 long bed, regular cab..manual trans..cracked..steering

I have a 1993 long bed, regular cab, chevy 2500 manual trans. 4x4 pickup truck. The frame is cracked at the wheel, engine and steering area. It has been welded up by my mechanic, but he kinda did a lazy job (cracks not completely welded from end to end, and welds put in sloppy. I am just counting the days until the welds fail. What is the best way to repair and strengthen the cracks in the most affordible manner?
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 years ago.

grind the welds and then use steel plate 1/4" and then weld in place over the crack and around the plate to strenthen the area !!

I THINK I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION FULLY AND DEPOSITS DOES NOT PAY ME SO........

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK IS ESSENTIAL!!

BONUSES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED FOR MY EXPERTISE!!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will this take care of the problem so I can take my truck offroad again? I also tow heavy loads with it. Will this type of repair hold up to that?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 years ago.

if welded by a professional that area should hold up but the rest of the frame then is suspectible to break and crack!!

of course u would do all around the frame where the crack is located!!!

a good welding shop can do that for you!!

THANKS AGAIN!!