Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn
14297198

2002 Santa Fe: be causing the cold air on passager side?

2002 Santa Fe has cold air at passager feet. Heat air is normal. What could be causing the cold air on passager side?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
The fresh air intake for the vehicle is on the passenger side, this is a common concern on these vehicles, but it's just the way it's designed, it's not a problem, and there is no fix for the issue.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks Josh,

But if we switch to recir. air on the system, should that not stop any fresh air?

Chris

Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
There is always a fresh air bleed into the vehicle by design on the santa fe. When you're on recirc you're no longer pulling fresh air in through the hvac system, but air will still bleed in on the passenger side as the system doesn't close off the incoming air, just the door from the blower motor intake to the fresh air passage. I've had countless people complain about this, I've contacted hyundai technical assistance to verify that it's a design issue with no fix.

Edited by Josh on 1/2/2010 at 12:38 AM EST