Brian
Brian, Technician
Experience:  20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service
17530802

5 wagon: trouble locating..Is it on the tailgate or on the outside?

I have a 2003 9-5 wagon. Brake light failure is on, having trouble locating the brake light. Is it on the tailgate or on the outside?

hi and welcome The brake light is on the outside there are 2 plactic covers turn counterclock wise 2 torx bolts you need to remove pull to side . if you have any further questions let me know.

thanks

Brian

If this answer helped you please press ACCEPT

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes and everything now works but I still get a brake light failure on the SID pad. Any suggestions.

The system works on resistance so if you have a new bulb and old bulb then it reads it as beiing out. try replacing bulb on other side. the other common problem is the rear wiring lite harness but the only fix is to replace harness.

Thanks

Brian

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you. i'll use you folks again soon. Have a great 2010.

the same to you

Thanks

Brian