Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

1998 Lincoln Town Car: my air suspension light is staying..trunk..lift

I have a 1998 Lincoln Town Car my air suspension light is staying on. I have used the button in the trunk but, nothing seems to happen. The car does not lift up. It's like the button is not working at all? What is my problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you hear the compressor come on when you turn on the key?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't. hear anything.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

will the compressor noise come from the engine?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Yes it should come from under the hood
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does the compressor noise come on when the car is not on? My car makes a noise every 10 - 15 minutes whether the car is on or off is that the compressor? I have not heard this noise since the air suspension button has not been working.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
yes, that is the compressor, I suspect the compressor is bad if you dont hear it come on anymore, but you will need toscan the computer for codes to verify this,Tim
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Does the compressor come on even if the car is not on?