Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Radiator get a white foam only when the engine runs on a high rpm?

Customer Question
why my radiator get...
why my radiator get a white foam only when the engine runs on a high rpm?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Car
12/4/2009
Auto Mechanic: LowTech, Diagnostic, Electrical, Mechanical replied 13 years ago
LowTech
LowTech, Diagnostic, Electrical, Mechanical
You have a bad head gasket, is that why you used the steal seal?
That is what i think
is it over heating or has it over heated? Is the pressure causing your cooling system to boil over? Blowing smoke? Or any other signs of a bad head gasket?

Did the sealer make it any better?
yes
Assuming you have a blow head gasket, which will normally cause the foam as the combustion chaimber introduces exhaust gasses into the cooling system. If you've done a compression test, you may have noticed a compression of 180psi as the engine rotates at about 300rpm. At idle your engine may be producing 200psi at 750rpm. As you rev the engine, the compression increases. If the head gasket has a light failure, it may hold the compression at idle, but as the compression increases, so does the pressure on the gasket.
_____________________
Thank you for choosing Just Answer. If this has helped in any way Please click ACCEPT this is only way I get paid. Bonus's and Positive Feedback is appreciated. If you need more help please ask.
LowTech