Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2001 oldsmobile silhouette: electric locks..interior lights

I have a 2001 oldsmobile silhouette mini van that the electric locks stopped working as well as the radio not turning off when the front doors are opened. the interior lights don't go on either. Doug
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the interior lights work if you turn them on manually?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes the do
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Ok, first thing to check is the 20 amp fuse in the fuse box marked PWR LOCKS, can you do this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, i'll do it right now
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
let me know,Tim
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i didn't see what fuse was labeled for the power locks but all of the fuses checked out ok, i also noticed that the power windows work without the ign turned on. will that help at all?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
If all the fuses are good and the windows work with the key in the ignition, then you have a problem with the body control module, it may not be neccessary to replace it, it may be able to be reflashed, but you will need a scanner to diagnose it properly,Tim