LowTech
LowTech, Diagnostic, Electrical, Mechanical
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience in European, Import and Exotic diagnostic and mechanical training
26621598

2000 continental: lincoln..air bag light..light comes..stays

lincoln 2000 continental air bag light comes on and flashes 3 times, goes off then flashes 6 times, goes off and then comes on and stays on, the clockspring has been replaced.
Category: Car
Expert:  LowTech replied 7 years ago.
That would be error code 36. This is normally the yellow plug under the drivers seat having a faulty connection. Try unpluging it and pluging it back in. If the light goes out, this is your problem and the terminals in this plug are not making good contact. Try spraying electronic cleaner on connections to clean them.

Please disconnect battery before servicing your SRS or Air Bag system.

_____________________
Thank you for choosing Just Answer. If this has helped in any way Please click ACCEPT this is only way I get paid. Bonus's and Positive Feedback is appreciated. If you need more help please ask.