Terry S. Trent
Terry S. Trent, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Associates Degree Automotive Technologies
26393954

How much would it cost to remove engine and transmission and

How much would it cost to remove engine and transmission and install it and assure that it will run, having a engine compartment paint job done?
Whoa, thats a difficult question to answer without knowing the YEAR / MAKE / MODEL / ENGINE SIZE of the vehicle? You give me that info and I will tell you exactly how much...

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 11/25/2009 at 5:59 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1967 camaro ss 350 stroker

Hehe, totaly unexpected of course. I was hoping for a little newer model... Let me see if I can get you that info...

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 11/25/2009 at 6:11 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Having the car painted for show status, engine compartment needs painting to match body, no repairs, just removing engine and tranny and reinstalling it as is.

Man that was a much harder question than i expected, the labor guides no longer go back that far...

I took the labor for 72 Camaro with 350 engine and 350 auto trans and came up with around ( 9 ) hours labor. It's not the exact year so but GM really didnt change much...

350 Engine like (4.8) hours labor.

Trans like (2.8) hours labor for (auto) and 2.8 hours labor for (4 speed) manual.

I figure close to $700.00 - $800.00 labor cost @ the average $85.00 an hour.

Man I am trying to find exacts but I know that is close.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you Trent for not giving up. There are some of us that still like doing the old school stuff. Showing the oldie is still going strong. Keep up the good work,
Damnit, I wanted to find the exact 1967 labor guide but it's damn near impossible, I searched like an hour, I searched for every possibility and came up with no 1967 labor rates... Man I dont give up easy, hehe

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 11/25/2009 at 7:17 AM EST