Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!
5624692

My Mazda 3 security indicator light keeps flashing. Ive inserted

My Mazda 3 security indicator light keeps flashing. I've inserted the key, turned to on, waited until the light goes out, but it still does not start and the flashing light come on ... Help!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

How many keys do you have?

Do you have any aftermarket equipment installed? (alarm, remote starter,etc..)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have two original keys. No aftermarket anything. Nothing like this has happened before.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 7 years ago.

Have you tried both keys?

Mileage?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes about 34K
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 7 years ago.

You can try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and then attempting the keys again. It is possible that one key has gone bad and from trying it too many times it has locked the security system so the good key is not responding. If this doesn't work you should still be under the Mazda factory warranty. I would call them and explain the situation, the tow job and the repairs should be covered.

There is no easy fix for this. It could be a key problem, the receiver or a PCM problem. It's impossible to tell which without the proper scan tool. Try to reset it first as I mentioned above, then next step is to the Mazda dealer.

The only other issue would be if a battery was just installed or if the vehicle was jump started it could have blown a fuse in the passenger junction box which is located under the glovebox.