Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2005 lincoln navigator: my power steering is not working..every once

Customer Question
my power steering is not...
my power steering is not working completely, the fluid is fine in it and every once in a great while itll work for a short time???? 2005 lincoln navigator
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
11/3/2009
Auto Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX system utilizes the variable power steering assist, this is controlled by a pwer steering pressure valve, it is common for these to be working intermittently, i suspect you have a bad pressure valve on this,Tim
how much could this cost
the valve is 86 dollars and the labor is about 75 dollars.Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
the valve may not need to be replaced, i have used a product called BG powersterring conditioner, and it has unstuck these valves before, its only about 10 dollars for this product, so it is worth trying first.Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH