BigBob
BigBob, Shop Manager/Technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

I have a 1994 Isuzu Trooper Ls but latly the check engin light

I have a 1994 Isuzu Trooper Ls but latly the check engin light has been coming on , This only happends when i go up hills or when i drive over 45 mph ido have a Haynes repair Manual for this suv but it doe not list this problem and it is getting ANOYING.
any suggestions as what the problem is ? or could be ?
Category: Car
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 7 years ago.
What are the trouble codes ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i don't know where the ALDL plug in is to get to codes from it the book said it is a ( 9 ) pin plug in but i have been under the dash so many time its not even funny any more and i still can't find the ###### XXXXX for the test of the codes
Ok 94 is before OBD standards took over. I will opt-uot to let someone else look at this one, as I am unsure of the older test plugs.

Edited by jeepmopar76 on 11/1/2009 at 12:13 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No thier is no fether questions i just want this problem solved before winter gets here because like i said it is Very Very annoying and my wife has gotten to the point she will not drive it for fear of it acting up for her and she will not know just what to do.

just send me an e-mail if some one does figure this one out for me

[email protected]

thanks for your time Sir

Delmar Butt

Expert:  BigBob replied 7 years ago.
Greetings,

The diagnostic trouble code(s) stored in the engine control module's memory can be read either through a hand-held diagnostic scannner plugged into the data link connector or by counting the number of flashes of the "Check Engine" malfunction indicator lamp when the diagnostic test terminal of the data link connector is grounded. The data link connector terminal "1" (diagnostic request) is pulled "Low" (grounded) by jumpering to data link connector terminal "3", which is a ground wire. This will signal the engine control module that you want to "flash" diagnostic trouble code(s), if any are present. Once terminals "1" and "3" have been connected, the ignition switch must be moved to the "ON" position, with the engine not running. At this point, the "Check Engine" malfunction indicator lamp should flash diagnostic trouble code 12 three times consecutively. This would be the following flash, sequence: "flash, pause, flash - flash, long pause, flash, pause, flash - flash, long pause, flash, pause, flash - flash". diagnostic trouble code 12 indicates that the engine control module's diagnostic system is operating. If diagnostic trouble code 12 is not indicated, a problem is present within the diagnostic system itself, and should be addressed by consulting the appropriate diagnostic chart. Following the output of diagnostic trouble code 12, the "Check Engine" malfunction indicator lamp will indicate a diagnostic trouble code three times if a diagnostic trouble code is present, or it will simply continue to output diagnostic trouble code 12. If more than one diagnostic trouble code has been stored in the engine control module's memory, the diagnostic trouble code(s) will be output from the lowest to the highest, with each diagnostic trouble code being displayed three times. graphic

ley me know what the code is. let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,

Bob

BigBob, Shop Manager/Technician
Experience: Shop Manager with 25 years experience