Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Cylinder misfire. Replaced spark plugs, ignition coil, valve
Todd M
Todd M, Owner
Cylinder misfire. Replaced spark plugs, ignition coil, valve cover gaskets and spark plug gaskets. Still a misfiring. Any other ideas? … read more
Olds cutlass: if i should attempt to change the valve cover gaskets
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
can you give me advice on if i should attempt to change the valve cover gaskets on my olds cutlass or take it to a shop? i never did that kind of repair before… read more
runs fine..spark plugs.. the ignition coil... the valve cover gasket.
Randy
Randy, Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep dealer tech
my playmouth breeze has a very annoying problem... it runs fine wth no problems but every once in a while it does not crank up no matter how many time si try..for it to work i have to leav the car alo… read more
2001 sebring: liter..leaks..it sounded good runing..knocking sound
Randy
Randy, Associate Degree
i recently change the valve cover gaskets, lower intake manifold gasket and upper intake manifold gasket, and spark plugs on my sons 2001 sebring convertible 2.7 liter 24 valve. after completing the j… read more
91 LS400: valve cover gaskets..replaced the spark plugs and wires
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
I need to replace the valve cover gaskets on my 91 LS400. I have replaced the spark plugs and wires before and it wasn''t too difficult. How does this job compare? Do you have to remove the intake man… read more
1997 mazda protege: the spark plugs,rotor,distributor cap..oil filter
Jerry, Master Mechanic
have a 1997 mazda protege .I replaced the valve cover gasket,cause the oil was leaking into the spark plugs,i also replaced the spark plugs,rotor,distributor cap, air and oil filter and oil. Beforehan… read more
2002 chrysler sebring: spark plug..valve cover..sedan , 2.7 v6
Firsthogman
Firsthogman, Meter Specialist I
My spark plug blew throught the top of the valve cover it broke the plastic top on the channel for the third spark plug and the hole is striped for the plug how much is it going to cost to fix. 2002 c… read more
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee: you change spark plugs..valve covers
mrrowland1
mrrowland1, Co-Owner/Az Mobile Reflash and Diagnosti
How do you change spark plugs on 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 engine?. Are they under the valve covers? Thanks, Mike… read more
I just changed my spark plugs and wires as well as new valve
R Clark
R Clark, Senior Police Mechanic
Second opinion] I just changed my spark plugs and wires as well as new valve cover gaskets and i now have a loud ticking/knocking sound that is constant and increases with RPM. Only after completing t… read more
Shawn G
Shawn G, General Tech.
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
I just changed my spark plugs and wires as well as new valve cover gaskets and i now have a loud ticking/knocking sound that is constant and increases with RPM. Only after completing this job did this… read more
2001 olds Aurora: you know how many bolts hold the engine and trans
Joel
Joel, GM Journeyman technician
do you know how many bolts hold the engine and trans together for a 2001 olds Aurora with a 3.5… read more
Connector..drove fine..low rpm at idle cut off now cranks..wont start
Daniel, Lead mech
replaced valve cover gasket oil down in plug well changed spark plugs and cranked engine made a arc sound pushed in two connector plugs on ignition unit truck cranked drove fine but low rpm at idle cu… read more
I have a 2002 Suzuki XL7 and need to replace the right valve
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
I have a 2002 Suzuki XL7 and need to replace the right valve cover gasket. How easy will this be? Looks like the Valve cover is easily accessible? How parts do I have to remove to get the cover off?… read more
VALVE COVER GASKET..SPARK PLUGS..WHITE SMOKE..EXHAUST MANIFOLD
AlexGS
AlexGS, Bachelor's Degree
I JUST REPLACED THE VALVE COVER GASKET, SPARK PLUGS AND SPARK PLUG WIRES. WHEN I STARTED THE CAR WHITE SMOKE STARTED COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD AND EXHAUST TIP. WHAT MIGHT THE PROBLEM BE?… read more
Olds aurora: change the rims..my 01..ask what is the bolt pattern
Dan, Automotive Technician
I want to change the rims on my 01 Olds Aurora 3.5 ...wanted to know can I go up to a 22" rim? may I also ask what is the bolt pattern for this vehicle?… read more
GALANT: VALVE COVER GASKET..MY 02..SPARK PLUGS..MISFIRING
joe
joe, Automotive Technician Instructor assista
I REPLACED THE VALVE COVER GASKET ON MY 02 GALANT AND I ASLO REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AND NOW THE CAR IS MISFIRING REALLY BAD ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX THIS?… read more
I have a 2001 olds aurora 3.5 v6 .the 50 amp fuse on the ...
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
I have a 2001 olds aurora 3.5 v6 . the 50 amp fuse on the secondary air pump keeps blowing and I have replaced the pump with a new one . I was getting a p410 code. what can be causing this… read more