Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Tim West
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2001 Kia Optima: the check engine light comes on after the car shifts
Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Retired
I have a 2001 Kia Optima and the check engine light comes on after the car shifts (auto)roughly. The light will stay on but the problem will correct itself if you stop the car turn off the engine and … read more
kia optima: car wont start..headlights, the radio, the ac..work fine
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Retired-Disabled
I have a kia optima, 2001. Everytime we have bad weather: t-storm, or cold weather, my car won't start. The headlights, the radio, the ac, they all work fine. I added a new battery to the car, and did… read more
Fuel line, furl filter,and checked all of the vacuum lines
michael
michael, High School or GED
I have replaced the furl pump,fuel line, furl filter,and checked all of the vacuum lines and any other items that control the fuel.… read more
2001 xk8: engine turns over wont start..starting fluid..fuel line
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
2001 xk8 jaguar engine turns over won't start. Sprayed starting fluid started for a second. pulled gas line filter ok turned over engine no fuel coming out of fuel line. can hear fuel pump in tank. is… read more
1996 Olds Achieva: Checked fuel pump pressure..Car starts..dies
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
1996 Olds Achieva starts but won't stay running. Checked fuel pump pressure at filter 51 # XXXXX key is turned on then bleeds off and fuel pump does not come back on. Car starts but dies quickly. secu… read more
2001 kia sephia: out spark plugs..fuel pressure regulator..injectors
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
I have a 2001 kia sophia and we have changed out spark plugs, fuel pump and filter. It will start however it boggs down when you go to drive it and it will not go some people have said fuel pressure r… read more
ihave a 2007 kia optima and the driver sun visor will not stay
gunny44
gunny44, Master Kia Tech/Shop Foreman
ihave a 2007 kia optima and the driver sun visor will not stay up. It will not stay all the way down either. Is there a cheap way to fix this kia quoted me aprice of around 175.00. It's not under warr… read more
Kia optima: AllI have a 02 Kia Optima 2.7 That i just
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Sr. Technician
Hi All I have a 02 Kia Optima 2.7 That i just replaced the valve cover gaskets, Plugs, Wires and alternator on and when i started it it was revving very high (1200-3500rpm and fluctuating between the … read more
1999 Sebring: wont start..interior lights..exterior lights come
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a 1999 Sebring that won't start. I have checked all the fluids and they are fine. All the interior lights and exterior lights come on, the windshield wipers work also. I do not have a hand book… read more
when I pump gas into my 2001 Kia optima it keeps shuting the
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
when I pump gas into my 2001 Kia optima it keeps shuting the pump off and overflowing but the tank is not full. It is as if some thing is blocking the hole to the tank and only allowing a small amount… read more
2001 KIA Sportage: 4x4 manual transmission..Engine light stays
Kiatech
Kiatech, Shop Foreman/Technician
We have a 2001 KIA Sportage 4x4 manual transmission. Engine light stays on continually. Mechanic has checked everything and says we're okay. Can get light to go out for about 5 miles driving distance.… read more
2001 Kia optima: cylinder..check engine light..few seconds..it warms
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
I got a 2001 Kia optima 4 cylinder. The check engine light stays on. When the car sits for a period of time, then when u sart it up and go to hit the gas, it bogs down..basically will not go for a few… read more
2002 Kia Optima: serviced..smell..I guess is transmission fluid..hood
Dan, Automotive Fleet Management
I have a 2002 Kia Optima that has been faithfully serviced. For the last 7 months there is an occassional smell of, what I guess is transmission fluid that comes through the air vents. On occassion th… read more
2001 Kia Optima: s oil changed, etc. yesterday..dealership
Frank
Frank, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I had my 2001 Kia Optima's oil changed, etc. yesterday and they found that the transmission is leaking fluid. The guys showed me the leak from underneath...I will take it in Monday morning (today is S… read more
Kia Optima: Cig lighter..I checked all the fuses, they are all fine
AutoDr
AutoDr, fleet Manager
Cig lighter/Power outlet/ashtray light are not working on my Kia Optima (2004)? I checked all the fuses, they are all fine. Is there anywhere else I could check… read more
2001 kIA sportage ex: a new ECM in it and a fuel pump..wont start
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
2001 kIA SPORTAGE won't start,put a new ECM in it and a fuel pump and changed the relays still won't start… read more
2001 kia optima: left door window cable broke , any guide lines
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 2001 kia optima and the left door window cable broke , any guide lines or downloads available to help me fix it?… read more
Kia Optima: I have checked the timing belt and it is..fuel pump..spark
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
My Kia Optima cuttoff while driving and now will not start. I have checked the timing belt and it is good, I have checked the fuel pump and it is working. I am getting no spark. Any advice on what to … read more